Cupcakes are totally my thing.
I have shared a recipe on this blog before on how to make blueberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Check it out HERE. That recipe was a little heavier in density and since then I have been on the hunt for a light and fluffy vanilla cupcake recipe that I can pair with my cream cheese frosting (since it is one of my all time fav frostings).
To make the recipe even better, I decided to add some raspberry jam to the middle, which is a lot easier than you may think and makes the vanilla cupcake recipe that much better. I chose to make mine festive for Valentine’s Day with sprinkles and little candy hearts. You can decorate them however you want to!
What you’ll need: Most of these items you probably already have in your panty.
Oh and baking powder; obviously.
Raspberry Filled Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
Raspberry Filled Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cup flour all-purpose
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- dash salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp butter unsalted and softened
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cupk unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups confectionary sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Raspberry Jam or Preserves for filling
To make the Vanilla Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake liners in cupcake tin.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream sugar, softened butter, and olive oil together. Mix for about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and eggs one at a time, mixing well between adding each egg. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl and mix well again.
- Add about half the flour mixture, mix until combined. Add the almond milk and mix together. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix until all the ingredients are combined well and batter is smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full and bake in 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Once baking time is down, remove cupcakes from tin and place on a cooling rack. Once cooled, hollow out a small area in the middle of each cupcake and place about 1/2-1 tbsp of raspberry filling in each.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together using a stand mixer until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla and confectionary sugar slowly. Beat until frosting is smooth and thick.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled, filled cupcakes. Decorate with sprinkles.
- Make sure that you bring butter, eggs and cream cheese to room temperature before mixing. It makes the batter and frosting that much smoother.
- Oven temperatures will vary so if you are uncertain about bake time, start at 15 minutes and if not cooked, bake for a couple more minutes at a time.
- You can substitute regular milk for the almond milk if you want.
This recipe is deceivingly easy and everyone will love these cupcakes. To make hallowing out the cupcakes easier you can grab THIS TOOL here off of Amazon. I just used a small knife and it worked just as well but this corer makes your life a little bit easier.
You can also use any type of preserve or jelly for the filling or make your own. I love this Smucker’s brand.
So what do you think? If you make this recipe let me know how you like it in the comments!