Ahhhh Mother’s Day. The one day each year where you get appreciated and showered with flowers or candy because you either grew a tiny human or raised one (this includes adoptive moms and stepmoms). Don’t get me wrong, I love candy and flowers but they either make you fat or die. This year, I have compiled a list of the stuff I really want for Mother’s Day.
1. A nap. I don’t even care if it’s only for an hour. I’ve been running on about 3-4 hours of sleep a night and would love some time to nap without the baby next to me or attached to my nipple.
2. A fully cooked meal. And by that I mean a fully cooked meal that I don’t have to prepare, cook or clean up afterwards. This includes not having to look at the used dishes the next day either. A dinner out would suffice as well.
3. Wine. Lots and lots of wine. Maybe a cute wine glass as well.
4. A spa day. A massage or a facial is great but I really would love a day that is spent just pampering me. I want to be rubbed and scrubbed and wrapped in some weird seaweed. Mostly I just want to spend an entire day listening to soothing music and not listening to kids yell mom over and over again.
5. A cleaning service. What I wouldn’t give to have someone come in and clean my house from top to bottom. If they also want to do a load of laundry, have at it.
6. Handmade gifts from the kids. Clearly Avery is way to young to handle a paintbrush but I love cute, cheesy hand prints or foot print creations. Hayden generally gives me a cute picture or poem for Mother’s Day and I actually look forward to it every year.
7. Most importantly I just want to spend time with my children. That is actually all I really want this Mother’s Day because someday they won’t want to spend time with me. Well, Avery really has no choice especially since technically I’m her food source currently.
8. Lastly, I want to spend time with my mom. The older I get the more thankful I am for my own mom. She has been such a good role model for not only myself but my children as well. So whatever we end up doing on Mother’s Day this year, I at least know we will spend time together and that is the best gift in my opinion.
What is the best gift you have gotten for Mother’s Day? Let me know in the comments!