One of my life bucket list items has always been to watch the sunrise at the top of Cadillac Mountain and last weekend I was able to do just that. I will say that I have always wanted to hike to the top in the morning to watch the sunrise but we were not prepared at all for that so instead, my son and I drove to the top to watch the sunrise. It was such an amazing experience to watch the sunrise with him and something I hope he will remember for many years to come. I was able to gather some tips to watch the Cadillac Mountain Sunrise if you are thinking about going in the near future to make the trip a little bit easier and more enjoyable.
Tips to Watch the Cadillac Mountain Sunrise
Know the sunrise time
This may seem obvious but you would be surprised. Do a quick google search to see what time sunrise actually is and make sure to get there before that time.
You may want to arrive early enough to grab a good spot to watch the sunrise. When we got there the parking lot was completely full and thankfully we grabbed one of the last parking spots available and we got there about 15 minutes before the sunrise.
Even if it is warm outside, the top of Cadillac Mountain can be cold and windy. Make sure that you dress appropriately.
Make a reservation
Between May 25th through October 22nd, you will need reservations to drive the Cadillac Summit Road. According to the website about 30 percent of vehicle reservations are released 90 days ahead of each date. The remaining 70 percent are released at 10 am ET two days before the date. Reservations are $6. To make reservations head to Recreation.gov.
Sit back and relax
Sit back and enjoy the sunrise. Bring some coffee or breakfast and a blanket to sit on if desired. It’s an amazing experience and you want to be able to just enjoy it.
What’s something on your bucket list that you have done so far? Share with me in the comments and give me some more ideas for adventures in the future!